Monday 29 June 2009

Travelling in MMTS Hyderabad

Travelling in MMTS Hyderabad

Right, today (26th June) I thought I will try to use the MMTS
services. I woke up at 7:00 am to catch a train from Malakpet to Hitec
city which is at 8:06am. I got ready a little late and started at 8
and reached the station by 3 minutes past 8. The first thing I noticed
was that there is parking provided by the railways. This is good as
until this day I had an impression that this was a local private
parking. The parking charges are Rs. 4 for every six hours. So there
is a cost of Rs. 8 every day if one decides to park and travel to work
by MMTS.

By the time I reached the station it was almost the actual train time.
So I rushed to the ticket counter which was almost free (lucky me or
may be it is the early hours). I inquired the guy at the counter about
first class season pass prices and was told back that it is 640.00 per
month between the above mentioned stations. This was ok with me and I
thought I would buy the pass. The guy at the counter suggested that it
was time for the train and advised me to buy the pass later if I
wanted to catch the train. I took the advice and paid him Rs. 4 for a
single ticket from Malakpet to Hiec city.

I barely waited for a minute and the train arrived. The overall
journey was good till Hitec city and took roughly about 45 minutes.
Thought this was reasonable without the hassles of traffic and those
horrible horrible audio devices used extensively on Hyderabad roads
called as horns. We have got so used to them that some lorries ask for
it. I meant if you ever noticed those hand painted signs on lorries
that say "Please sound horn", well, I never got that.

After getting down at Hitec city station instead of rushing out to
catch an auto I went to the ticket counter for buying the pass. I was
informed that I need to give them a passport photograph which I was
not carrying. So I came out of the station to pick up an auto. I took
a share auto that cost me Rs. 5 till cyber towers.

During lunch I loaned a friends bike and got my one months season pass
for first class from Malakpet to Hitec city.

After work I took a shared auto till the Hitec city railway station
which again costed me a fiver. I was at the station and noticed people
crossing the railway track directly and not using the overbridge. I
was packed by the days work and followed suit.

The train arrived and initially I was scared by the sheer number of
people waiting for the train. Luckily the first class was not so
crowded. Good.

Boarded the train and snatched my self a seat. Got back my bike at
Malakpet by paying Rs. 8 to the parking guy and raced back for home.
Was there in five minutes. Peaceful and absolutely blissful.

Here is why I like to use MMTS:

• no more falling pray to road traffic jams (there could be rail
traffic jams).
• no more road rage and unnecessary fights.
• no more bumpy rides.
• no more corrupt cops (for me atleast or am I running away).
• going green (mind you I am not a freak).

And here is why I don't:
• ever saw an employee trying to over use the company resources? Ever
heard somebody shouting out "department" and trying to cheat his
employer of money and shame? Well get used to it.
• no controlling authority other than the persons self which
determines whether the person should board first class or not even if
he/she does not have the ticket.

Here is a rough estimate of monthly expenditure one might incur:
Pass first class 650.00
Monthly parking 8.00 * 22 = 176.00
Monthly auto 5.00 * 22 = 110.00
Total 936.00

Please note that only 22 days a month were taken as working.

Below is a list of timings between Malakpet to Hitec city to and fro.
These can change and you should look at South Central Railways portal
for up to date and accurate information and schedules.

11 comments:

  1. Hi All, can i get any contact information/information about pre-paid cycles per month to travel from Hitech city railway station to My office,Cyber gateway.

    It would be great if i get the requested information.

    Thanks in advance,
    Ravi.K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii, Your post quite help those who want to Travelling by air .you can check Cheap return flights from Hyderabad to Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that cheap parking charges for 8 INR per day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that cheap parking charges for 8 INR per day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice information about Hyderabad MMTS Train Route. You can check MMTS Train Timetable here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. is it the single season pass (that u baught in Rs640/) that can be used to and fro or only the one way from malakpet to hitech ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is helpful information.
    I prefer MMTS than bus, Hitech station is adjacent to my place and I reach secunderabad in 30-40min
    This is convenient option for me, I follow below link to find the train timings:
    https://traveltimings.in/mmts-lingampally-falaknuma/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have tried the metro. It was ok, but last mile connectivity is a major issue from Miyapur. It takes me exactly the same time on the road on busy days. Is it worth it? With the limited routes, for some! I am now trying the MMTS to check out the time. A 10 -12 min walk can mean a miss when you can't afford it. How much is the car parking rate? It would make it so much more convenient.

    ReplyDelete